Sunday, December 04, 2005

No more exercises - part III

Like Teacher Beverly said, nothing is ever done. Well, I have to complete my previous post, and when I've said "no more exercises" I wanted to mean those exercises like we are used to do. Not those we are doing at our classes! If my memory is right, we haven't done twice the same tipe of exercise, wich means that we have always a different way to learn. Not only english, because the same strategies that I've learn in the IE classes I use to understand Italian texts. It works!

I hope that my colleagues don't misunderstood my posts with "graxa", because the ideia here is to share my point of view about the classes, and if I'm enjoying them, I can only say good things about it. Maybe others could give their oppinion too - two persons can go to the cinema and get out with different oppinions. By the way, what should be the english word for "graxa"?

And it was good to see that other persons outside ESCE read the blog. For Mr Bill Williams here it is the english class with bush: http://masteroni.student.utwente.nl/hu.html

Español | Deutsche | Français | Italiano | Português

8 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger bev trayner said...

Eduardo ... you're right, it would be good to have someone else contributing on the blog. I would be interested to have the perspectives of someone who finds the classes difficult or confusing. I guess they might be afraid not to suck up (dar graxa) so they would have to do it anonymously. I appreciate that it wouldn't be enough for me to say that I learn from all comments and suggestions!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger bev trayner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger bev trayner said...

I forgot to say Eduardo ... if you click on the symbol of a tick in the sidebar, you should be able to see the statistics of people who have visited our Inglês Empresarial page.

Today I see that up until now of the people who have visited this page:
89.7% come from Portugal
4.5% from UK
0.8% from Brazil
0.8% from Canada
etc...
and the rest from different parts of the world.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Bill Williams said...

Thanks for the George Bush link - it's a good laugh and I'll have to pass it on to my students in Barreiro.
I see Beverly has already given to suck up to ... for "dar graxa" and this is indeed the politest equivalent I have encountered.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Bill Williams said...

Beverly said:
if you click on the symbol of a tick in the sidebar,... of our Inglês Empresarial page.
Which page are you referring to - a different page to the blog?

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger bev trayner said...

Sorry Bill, that wasn't very clear. I am referring to the blog page. Scroll down the page and it's in the right hand sidebar. In my browser it's between the button"BF - Directory" and the Skype button, above "Blogs that link here".

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Bill Williams said...

Ah .. seen it now. Interesting!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Bill Williams said...

Incidentally, an interesting article on what has helped the Google company be so successful:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10296177/site/newsweek/

Conta Williams :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home